Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- Mar 5th, 2013
The future of DJing is here! House & Techno producer Noah Pred shows you all the ins and outs in this DJ-centric Live 9 course....
DJing is a fundamentally improvisational medium, and many of Live's dedicated features fit the needs of the modern DJ astonishingly well: Full song beat mapping... Looping... Infinite amount of loop points... On stage synchronization... Sample triggering... Tons of effects... Can it record your set? Not only can it record your set, but it allows for exceptional multitrack editing possibilities in case you want to fix your mistakes or change something you recorded!
However, since Ableton Live isn't designed explicitly for DJs, there's a bit of homework required to realize its full potential – which is where this course comes in. You learn how to warp your music collection for automatic synchronization. You see how to configure the Live interface for a basic DJ set. You get educated about the many ways to organize your files for optimal usage in the DJ booth. You master the art of resampling and grabbing new loops in real time. You also learn how to use many of Ableton's powerful effects, stack them together, control them with hardware, and save them with your own specific preferences.. And you get to try out some of the amazing new features of Live 9 – including the amazing new Session Automation, which allows you to record and loop your effect parameter modulations and other manipulations on the fly.
Ableton Live may not be marketed or designed like some of the other more well known DJ software out there, but if you're looking to achieve something above-average, with the right know-how and a bit of practice, this course will get you there.
With amazing new features in Live 9 and incredible customization under the hood, the possibilities are endless. Whether you're looking to add a new tool to your existing rig or to embrace a new and flexible platform to make your musical vision a reality, Ableton Live can help. Is it the future of DJing? Well, that might just be up to you.
Check out at the tutorials in our ever-expanding collection of Live 9 and Push courses...
- Live 9 100: What's New In Live 9
- Live 9 101: Beginner's Guide
- Live 9 102: Recording Audio and Audio Effects
- Live 9 103: MIDI Recording and Effects
- Live 9 104: Exploring The Instruments
- Live 9 105: Arranging Explored
- Live 9 106: Go Live With Live 9
- Live 9 201: The Simpler Sampler
- Live 9 202: Live's Effects: Plugged In!
- Live 9 203: Live's Sampler: Explored
- Live 9 204: Exploring Drum Racks
- Live 9 205: Live DNA!
- Live 9 206: Max For Live FX Explored
- Live 9 207: Hooked on Racks!
- Live 9 301: MOLDOVER: Sound Control
- Live 9 302: Designing Sounds for Dance Music
- Live 9 303: Ableton Live TNT - Tips and Tricks
- Live 9 304: Making Electronic Dance Music
- Live 9 305: Dance Music Styles Demystified
- Live 9 400: Max For Live: For Musicians
- Live 9 401: Mixing & Mastering Toolbox
- Live 9 402: Killer Sound Design
- Live 9 403: Max For Live Advanced
- Live 9 404: Producing Techno and House
- Live 9 405: DJing Techno and House
- Live 9 406: Dubstep Production
- Live 9 407: Remixing in Live
- Live 9 408: Producing Glitch
- Live 9 409: Remixing Froya
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
Ableton Live 405: DJ'ing with Techno and House by Noah Pred is one of the few and most valuable MPV courses that focuses on live production. Ableton Live 9 is great for Music Production DJ's, I guess I wouldn't expect too much detail about band integration and live collaboration situations like Ableton can be used for. I recommend this course to any live electronic dance music performer
Perhaps the best Ableton course I've enjoyed so far. I have tonnes of things to explore and look into now. Noah's speech is crisp, he's to the point, explaining technicalities in brief moments, covers a lot in short time and leaves you excited to explore them on your own. I'm ready to use my Maschine & Launchkey to the max this Sunday!
Good course to get up and running to DJ within Live 9. Found the fundamentals easy to understand and opens a new door into DJing.
Useful overview of how to dj with Ableton Live, but it is more for beginners with less experience in digital DJing. The explanations are quite basics and I am missing the secrets and tipps: such as using the utility as a gain knob or showing some nice effect chains with the chain selector.
I would like to see more explanations of when to use certain effects. Other than that, great tutorial!
A very intuitive and easy to follow course. Questions were answered as I was thinking them up .
Really good! I'm new to Live! It's a great course in my opinion, can't wait to rock on it now, very clear, but quite long to digest. Watch it over and over again.
Good tutorial,essencial and very useful.
Ableton makes it easy to make DJ sets and this tutorial saves hours of down time.