Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- May 30th, 2013
This course demystifies Ableton Live’s physically modeled instruments. Join producer Olav Basoski as he shines his synthesist spotlight on these sound generators and brings their vast sonic features into laser focus.
What better way to learn Live’s instruments than from a top producer and remixer who uses them everyday?
That’s exactly what this collections of tutorials by EDM legend Olav Basoski is all about. He takes you through the signal flow and the controls of Analog, Collision, Electric, Operator, Simpler and Tension while all along the way, you learn about physical modeling and other kinds of synthesis. Watching this course brings you up to speed with everything you need to know about Ableton’s suite of these instruments giving you the info you need to design the sounds and timbres that add that extra sonic sheen to your tracks and performances.
So sit back. Click play and become one with these amazing instruments! And while you're here, be sure to check out our entire amazing selection of Live and Push courses.
Check out all of our Ableton Live courses. Build a bundle and save up to 50% off list price!
- Live 9 100: What's New In Live 9
- Live 9 101: Beginner's Guide
- Live 9 102: Recording Audio and Audio Effects
- Live 9 103: MIDI Recording and Effects
- Live 9 104: Exploring The Instruments
- Live 9 105: Arranging Explored
- Live 9 106: Go Live With Live 9
- Live 9 201: The Simpler Sampler
- Live 9 202: Live's Effects: Plugged In!
- Live 9 203: Live's Sampler: Explored
- Live 9 204: Exploring Drum Racks
- Live 9 205: Live DNA!
- Live 9 206: Max For Live FX Explored
- Live 9 207: Hooked on Racks!
- Live 9 301: MOLDOVER: Sound Control
- Live 9 302: Designing Sounds for Dance Music
- Live 9 303: Ableton Live TNT - Tips and Tricks
- Live 9 304: Making Electronic Dance Music
- Live 9 305: Dance Music Styles Demystified
- Live 9 400: Max For Live: For Musicians
- Live 9 401: Mixing & Mastering Toolbox
- Live 9 402: Killer Sound Design
- Live 9 403: Max For Live Advanced
- Live 9 404: Producing Techno and House
- Live 9 405: DJing Techno and House
- Live 9 406: Dubstep Production
- Live 9 407: Remixing in Live
- Live 9 408: Producing Glitch
- Live 9 409: Remixing Froya
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
This is really good course that covers almost all the instruments and their parameters in Live. I've been using Live for a while now and there were a couple of instruments I had never looked into. The ones that aren't covered in this course are covered in Olav's other courses in great detail. Recommended watching for all Live users!
ba all the way around totally recommend this course!!! It ia extremely informative...
I think this course is awesome because he shows the Instruments of Ableton Live. Thank You Olav!
This Ableton Instruments review tutorial is exactly what I needed as someone who just started using Live 9 and Push in the last couple weeks. Would recommend this streamlined class to anyone who doesn't have years of synthesizer experience or sound design experience.
Thank you macProvideos for this Course! I give 5 Stars / 5 Stars! Its very Helpful!
A good rundown of the instruments... I was excited to see Olav was teaching this course. He is very knowledgeable and no b.s. like if he doesn't like something he'll just say it. So when he says this or that is a great feature... it really is. He's clear and concise when he describes what he's doing. And he makes some funny comment every once in a while so you don't fall asleep!
Very good course. All the parameters where explained very well. Althought the course might have little bit longer...
Very nice overview of the Ableton Suite instruments. Gets right to the point of clearly explaining what's happening in each one.
The instructor speaks very clearly and slow enough to understand. I also like the circle around the pointer so that I know exactly what he is clicking and where he is on the screen.
Great course for getting familiar with the tools of this software. It clearly show you the power of the built in tools that can easily get users new to music production and audio engineering started in the right direction. Thanks!!
A very nice way to get a glance of all the interments. It's only ≈10 mins per instrument but you get a really good feeling and understanding for them to start experimenting your self, and actually know what you are doing.
This is a must see tutorial for Ableton Live 9 beginners very well presented in a way that makes you stay awake.
A lot to like here if you're lucky enough to own Suite. In addition to the regular synths (Analog/Operator) we now have quite complex physical modellers. Can't wait to play with Collision/Tension!
Very quick overview of Ableton instruments and parameters, but not enough detail to really get into the sound design aspect. Olav does highlight some key parameters that are easy to miss.
Pretty thorough review of all the instruments. Feel like I have a much greater understanding of them even though I've been using Ableton for years.
I wished much deeper Operator, will wait part 3, the rest very well! :)
Very straight-forward and easy to understand. A little dry, but this ain't Hollywood :).
Good overview of Abletons instruments, nice refresh after not using ableton for a while
Another fine tutorial by Olav lots of great content,carefully explained
This a great Tutorial and Olav is such an awesome Teacher. It is a pleasure to learn from him.