Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- May 11th, 2013
Bill Burgess is one of the coolest trainers we know. That’s why we said YES when he offered to design this amazing course on MIDI in Ableton Live 9. Bill is an extraordinary teacher who delivers insightful nuggets of music gold. Pay attention and learn!
MIDI, in Ableton Live 9, is the essential life-force of of this deep DAW. It’s what makes Live tick and Bill Burgess has filled this course with tons of MIDI knowledge that is so insightful that it may change the way you compose, record and perform with Live.
This course starts off with one of the most intriguing looks at MIDI and the history of MIDI that has ever been created. This tutorial alone is worth the price of the course!
From there BIll jumps right into MIDI recording, overdubbing and automation. With the basics out on the table, you start getting into the grit of MIDI editing. Bill lays it all out, delivering a buffet of very cool techniques.
Next up, you get a some very hip MIDI tips custom-made for songwriters. These are designed to help you get you ideas into Live fast – without getting burdened with extraneous diversions!
From there, you’re off to MIDI FX where you get inside knowledge on all the very innovative transformations you can hookup to supercharge, arpeggiate, randomize and destroy any MIDI data in sight! Bill completes the adventure with a tasty little section on controllers, outboard synths and iOS integration.
So kick off your shoes and spend some time with the entertaining Bill Burgess and learn a ton about MIDI in Ableton Live at the same time!
- Live 9 100: What's New In Live 9
- Live 9 101: Beginner's Guide
- Live 9 102: Recording Audio and Audio Effects
- Live 9 103: MIDI Recording and Effects
- Live 9 104: Exploring The Instruments
- Live 9 105: Arranging Explored
- Live 9 106: Go Live With Live 9
- Live 9 201: The Simpler Sampler
- Live 9 202: Live's Effects: Plugged In!
- Live 9 203: Live's Sampler: Explored
- Live 9 204: Exploring Drum Racks
- Live 9 205: Live DNA!
- Live 9 206: Max For Live FX Explored
- Live 9 207: Hooked on Racks!
- Live 9 301: MOLDOVER: Sound Control
- Live 9 302: Designing Sounds for Dance Music
- Live 9 303: Ableton Live TNT - Tips and Tricks
- Live 9 304: Making Electronic Dance Music
- Live 9 305: Dance Music Styles Demystified
- Live 9 400: Max For Live: For Musicians
- Live 9 401: Mixing & Mastering Toolbox
- Live 9 402: Killer Sound Design
- Live 9 403: Max For Live Advanced
- Live 9 404: Producing Techno and House
- Live 9 405: DJing Techno and House
- Live 9 406: Dubstep Production
- Live 9 407: Remixing in Live
- Live 9 408: Producing Glitch
- Live 9 409: Remixing Froya
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
Wow.Transitioning to Ableton has been difficult for me. There is so much that can be done with it, and learning the software has been overwhelming. I had no idea where to start. Thank you Bill and AskVideo. Thank you.
This was a great course, it surely increased my knowledge of Ableton considerably. I already knew some stuff about MIDI and MIDI recording in Ableton but this course showed me a lot of things I didn't know about. If you don't have any knowledge of MIDI this course is essential. Bill is also a great teacher, he explains things very clearly. 5/5!
This particular video had a little bit of important information in it but AGAIN went a little bit to fast for my taste!!!!!!!!
So Bill has a dry presentation style (and humour to match) but his knowledge of Live is second to non and he is continually shining a bright light on this brilliant software as i transfer my skills across from Logic - which requires a slightly different mindset IMO. Unfortunately watching this course has cost me £350 - as having seen the huge fun/control options in the last video i now HAVE to buy an iPad. (Yes - i'm late to the iPad party - but better late than never!!) Nice work Dude !!
Never before has a tutorial on MIDI editing made me laugh out loud - in a good way! Bill's style is incredibly fresh, funny and most of all informative. A great series.
Another great course by BB. Keeps it fun and exciting even on the simplest of features and lessons.
Good tutorial. I knew most of the material we were going through but liked the section on step sequence programming
Ableton is far superior to any other DAW in regard to MIDI, IMO. Bill shows it off nicely.
every detail is important , thx for this sea of knowledge! kind regards
Very much enjoying these tutorials with Bill. High quality, good information; what more could you ask for?
Another nice tute from Bill, covering everything from basic definitions/functions of MIDI through to more advanced FX and some of the many possible controller mappings/ins and outs.
lots of useful info, this is not a basic course. If you like experimenting with Ableton than this course is for you.
Great information about advanced MIDI technique. I wasn't able to digest 14 minutes worth of it, so I will rewatch. thanks Bill and mPV
another great tutorial by Bill,packed with detailed content,lots of great tips,and a nice insight into the world of midi
Bill Burgess is totally, totally awesome. He makes this stuff fun and interesting, and I REALLY hope to see more videos from him.
Bill Burgess is one Cool Dude, He teaches like a friend telling you all the wonderful things he has discovered about music, Great job Bill please keep it going ...Dude..:)