Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- Jan 21st, 2014
There's an old audio saying: Garbage in, garbage out. Trash is cool, but sometimes you want that pristine, clean, pure and undistorted audio. This course, by the irrepressible sound artist Bill Burgess, explains the process of how audio is best recorded, resampled and effected in Ableton Live.
Solid tracks begin with solid audio. Solid audio begins with solid audio capture techniques. This course takes you on the Ableton Live epic audio journey where you learn everything there is to know about getting solid audio results when you work in Live.
You start with the fundamentals. Sample rate, latency, bit depth and gain staging. These are the essential ingredients of well-recorded audio. From there, Bill dives right into recording. You learn to record single and multiple tracks. Then Bill shows you punching and loop recording techniques that he has perfected as a longtime user of Live.
Next up is a collection of tutorials that dive even deeper into the recording process. Bill shares his advanced techniques of rerecording and resampling audio, MIDI and device chains to create your own library of power-user clips. This course concludes with some "don't miss" audio effect tools that'll take your tracks to a whole new level.
It's time to kick back and learn how to make your audio cut through the clutter with these deep tips straight from the creative mind of Bill Burgess.
- Live 9 100: What's New In Live 9
- Live 9 101: Beginner's Guide
- Live 9 102: Recording Audio and Audio Effects
- Live 9 103: MIDI Recording and Effects
- Live 9 104: Exploring The Instruments
- Live 9 105: Arranging Explored
- Live 9 106: Go Live With Live 9
- Live 9 201: The Simpler Sampler
- Live 9 202: Live's Effects: Plugged In!
- Live 9 203: Live's Sampler: Explored
- Live 9 204: Exploring Drum Racks
- Live 9 205: Live DNA!
- Live 9 206: Max For Live FX Explored
- Live 9 207: Hooked on Racks!
- Live 9 301: MOLDOVER: Sound Control
- Live 9 302: Designing Sounds for Dance Music
- Live 9 303: Ableton Live TNT - Tips and Tricks
- Live 9 304: Making Electronic Dance Music
- Live 9 305: Dance Music Styles Demystified
- Live 9 400: Max For Live: For Musicians
- Live 9 401: Mixing & Mastering Toolbox
- Live 9 402: Killer Sound Design
- Live 9 403: Max For Live Advanced
- Live 9 404: Producing Techno and House
- Live 9 405: DJing Techno and House
- Live 9 406: Dubstep Production
- Live 9 407: Remixing in Live
- Live 9 408: Producing Glitch
- Live 9 409: Remixing Froya
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
Excellent tutorial! Helps to go deeper in the use of audio recording tools & audio effects To highlight: "Set Up Driver Error Compensation"; Techniques of Re-Recording Audio & Side Chain Theme.
great!..very appreciative..learning alot.thank you askvideo for providing these beautiful stuffs..all of the courses are worth to invest in...better than outside fake institutions
Bill is hilarious! I have never laughed so hard while watching a tutorial. Good info and fun at the same time. I hope This is just Bill :-) You uncles pedal rig in gain staging is classic. Good info and tips that gets looked over often.
This course is very good, Bill explains clearly the basics of recording in Ableton and a lot more, he gives you a bunch of tips. If you want to become a better producer and mixing engineer, I'd definitely recommend this course.
I find this course very good because it teaches a lot about MIDI Recording and Effects!
Wasn't really sure what to expect so maybe this courses contents was suitable for me. So my opinion is pretty neutral.
Great course on audio recording. Easily one of the must watch in orde to become a better sound engineer.
Bill is my fave teacher because he begins from the bottom up & covers not only the HOW but the WHY of production techniques. Delivered with great taste, warmth, and true individuality. Cheers Bill!
Excellent course!! An essential collection of tips and tricks for any Ableton user!