Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- Jul 16th, 2013
Logic Pro X adds a new "Flex Pitch" feature that lets you tweak vocals to make a perfect recording. It's a cool new addition to Flex Time— and David Earl dishes out its secrets in this new Flex Vocals Course.
David Earl is a Logic Guru. Even Apple calls on him for his incredible Logic expertise. When we need a course for something as complex as Flexing Vocals: Time and Pitch, we know exactly who to turn to…
One of the hottest features of Logic Pro X, Flex Pitch, lets you correct pitch and level issues in your tracks. Focusing on how to use Flex Pitch with vocals, this course starts with a history of pitch correction in Logic. Next, you learn how to identify problem areas with your vocals, and correct the singer's pitch, gain, and formants.
Once you're comfortable with Flex Pitch and its functions, the course demonstrates useful vocal concepts like doubling vocals, creating harmonies and creative Pitch Drift techniques. There's a lot to learn… click a preview video to begin!
- Logic Pro X: 10.1 New Features: Explored
- Logic Pro X: What’s New In Logic Pro X 10.0
- Logic Pro X 100: Absolute Beginner's Guide
- Logic Pro X 101: Core Training: Create Your 1st Project
- Logic Pro X 102: Core Training: Signal Flow
- Logic Pro X 103: Core Training: Audio Recording and Editing
- Logic Pro X 104: Core Training: MIDI Recording and Editing
- Logic Pro X 105: Core Training: Mixing and Automation
- Logic Pro X 106: Logic Remote
- Logic Pro X 107: Smart Controls
- Logic Pro X 108: Flexing Vocals: Time and Pitch
- Logic Pro X 109: Core Training – The Score Editor
- Logic Pro X 112: Bouncing, Sharing and Archiving
- Logic Pro X 113: External MIDI Basics
- Logic Pro X 114: External MIDI Advanced
- Logic Pro X 200: MIDI FX: The Arpeggiator
- Logic Pro X 201: The EXS24: Sampling Explored
- Logic Pro X 202: Drummer and Drum Kit Designer
- Logic Pro X 203: Retro Synth: 4 Synths in 1
- Logic Pro X 204: Sculpture Sound Design Workshop
- Logic Pro X 205: Synthesis With Sculpture
- Logic Pro X 206: ES2 Exposed
- Logic Pro X 207: ES2 Sound Design Workshop
- Logic Pro X 209: Ultrabeat - Drum Design Workshop
- Logic Pro X 301: Supercharged Processing
- Logic Pro X 303: 21 Synth Secrets
- Logic Pro X 305: Voiceover Recording and Editing
- Logic Pro X 400: Xtreme Sound Design
- Logic Pro X 401: Xtreme Drums & Beats
- Logic Pro X 402: Producing Hip Hop
- Logic Pro X 403: Olav's Power Tools & Tips
- Logic Pro X 404: The ART of EDM
- Logic Pro X 405: Mastering EDM Tracks
- Logic Pro X 406: Mixing EDM Tracks
- Logic Pro X 408: The ART of Deep House
- Logic Pro X 409: Twisted Drums and Deviant Bass
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
awesome tutorial, just amazing Review, good job. really inspired me to try other things as well from reviewing what you guys exemplified.. very helpful and needed as well.
Just finished this video for the second time. Logic has done a terrific job with Flex Time and MacPro Video has done a fantastic job explaining it.
Man, never would've thought to use this function at all until now! This course was invaluable!
Good quick course that will give invaluable help - can't wait to get flexing!
Canny little tutorial on flexing vocals in Logic Pro X. I never thought I would have bothered with Flex Pitch as I am a long time Melodyne user Flex Pitch seems well integrated into Logic and will probably use it for more simple pitch operations.
Great video! I knew all about Flex Time already, but man Flex Pitch is awesome! I have Melodyne AND Auto Tune and i am going to use Flex Pitch a lot. This tutorial was great at covering everything about it. Awesome features and a great tutorial.
Again, David Earl is excellent at slightly going outside the box on Logic Pro. Here showing practical and creative uses of Flexpitch. Even allowing for mistakes like we all make. Thanks for being treal.
Straight forward and clear for me. There's a few interesting tricks to be learnt, but could have been a shorter tutorial for the amount of content.
This is a fantastic course. I started a while back but took a break to get a vocal sample and make a track that I could use to follow this tutorial. I learn best by trying it first hand. All I can say is, this has been a great experience, and I will be making reference to this tutorials in future.
this was amazing. most interesting course I've taken so far. great teacher! i love this song! its stuck in my head :)
I like David. Is easy to understand him. The quality of the video is very good. I am happy with this course:-)
Pretty good tutorial, I liked that David explains what formants are, Also I liked the fact that play the vocals in context so we can listen to the pitch correction and harmonies with the rest of the musical elements.
Great introduction to flex pitch, any chance of showing how you created the vocoder track to see how the two worked together?
Interesting Course.. Explains many of the different features of Logic Pro X's new vocal editing process. David Earl is one of the best tutors available!
Another great, informative and interesting course by Mr Earl. Brilliant how you can chop and change the notes to create harmonies and change the timings without using polyphonic flex time!
Interesting stuff, showcasing the power of Flex Pitch, it's a great new feature, thanks Dave
A very useful course covering all functions of FlexiPitch. Highly recommended to get started with this new feature.
David Earl is amazing and so is this new feature.. Game changer!! Wish there would have been a video on removing (and attenuating) the unpitched sounds tho.. Good Gig MacPro!
So far my favorite new feature of Logic X, this tutorial covers the time and pitch flex editing process very thoroughly, enough to make almost any die hard fan of Autotune/Melodyne switch to Logic X.
Overall I think most off the tutorials from macProvideo is excellent. But sometimes i wish the instructor should shorten down some off the sequences. For instance when he shows how to change track name, I think is a waste off time to show how to do this 8 times. Flex Pitch: Why does he sometimes have to play through the HOLE song to show the effect of any small adjustment? A suggestion would be to make a section mark so it is easy to jump to the next section in the each tutorial chapter. I use mouse-click (Forward) on the time line to jump to the next section, but it is not easy to hit the right 'point'.
I like the fact that everything is handled in Logic. Melodyne works great as a rewire and somewhat OK as a plug in. The advancements parallel to Melodyne outside of DNA. I am sure its in the works.
Superb explanation of flex pitch and using the curves. This powerful part of Logic Pro X was not intuitive to me; this course really clears it up. MORE LOGIC PRO X stuff you guys! Excellent work.
Nice intro to using flex pitch, including some tips and best practices to making it sound good and natural.
SFLogicNinja is the best! He uses specific examples in the context of actual music to illustrate how to get the most out of Logic X's new awesome features.
Thanks! Great info on the new flex pitch option in Logic X. Keen to compare it to melodyne.
After watching preview clips on your You Tube channel, I knew I had to buy these tutorials. David has done a fantastic job (as always) of explaining the power of the new Flex Pitch feature in Logic Pro X and given real world examples in an informative and fun way. Excellent!
thanks again david, i have some many question about flex pitch, but i will try soon ! thanks for this tuto, you show how to edit the voice accurately, it's really rewarding. thanks again macprovideo.
Amazing work David!! There's a reason Steve and You were selected to see Logic Pro X (>ahem< that's 'Ten' by the way... not 'X' ) (~.•) Before the rest of us!! Just hours more to go to watch all the other Tuts!! P.S. Thanks to MAtin and Steve for getting David on Board!! He's a perfect fit for MPV!!!