Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- Jul 16th, 2013
Need a real drummer to put the perfect polish on your indie song? Fear not, Logic Pro X's new Drummer & Drum Kit Designer plugins inject a virtual session drummer directly into your project studio. Watch as David Earl shows you how this new Audio AI works!
Most people don't have access to a professional studio drummer, but they do have access to Logic Pro X. And that's a good thing, because Logic Pro X now includes an incredible Artificial Intelligence unit, called Drummer!
Watch as David Earl unleashes Drummer Tracks and the Drum Kit Designer plugin and shows you how to add powerful drums to your jam. You'll learn how to make Drummer actually follow a recorded groove in your song, all while playing a drum line that is uniquely suited to your music.
There's several lessons included on how to select the correct Player for the style of your song. And, if fine control of your drum grooves is of utmost importance, you can even customize the Player's drum kit using the new Drum Kit Designer plugin. Every detail of building your own kits is covered in this course!
There's a lot to learn… click a preview video to begin!
- Logic Pro X: 10.1 New Features: Explored
- Logic Pro X: What’s New In Logic Pro X 10.0
- Logic Pro X 100: Absolute Beginner's Guide
- Logic Pro X 101: Core Training: Create Your 1st Project
- Logic Pro X 102: Core Training: Signal Flow
- Logic Pro X 103: Core Training: Audio Recording and Editing
- Logic Pro X 104: Core Training: MIDI Recording and Editing
- Logic Pro X 105: Core Training: Mixing and Automation
- Logic Pro X 106: Logic Remote
- Logic Pro X 107: Smart Controls
- Logic Pro X 108: Flexing Vocals: Time and Pitch
- Logic Pro X 109: Core Training – The Score Editor
- Logic Pro X 112: Bouncing, Sharing and Archiving
- Logic Pro X 113: External MIDI Basics
- Logic Pro X 114: External MIDI Advanced
- Logic Pro X 200: MIDI FX: The Arpeggiator
- Logic Pro X 201: The EXS24: Sampling Explored
- Logic Pro X 202: Drummer and Drum Kit Designer
- Logic Pro X 203: Retro Synth: 4 Synths in 1
- Logic Pro X 204: Sculpture Sound Design Workshop
- Logic Pro X 205: Synthesis With Sculpture
- Logic Pro X 206: ES2 Exposed
- Logic Pro X 207: ES2 Sound Design Workshop
- Logic Pro X 208: Alchemy Explored
- Logic Pro X 209: Ultrabeat - Drum Design Workshop
- Logic Pro X 210: Alchemy - Advanced Synthesis Explained and Explored
- Logic Pro X 301: Supercharged Processing
- Logic Pro X 303: 21 Synth Secrets
- Logic Pro X 305: Voiceover Recording and Editing
- Logic Pro X 400: Xtreme Sound Design
- Logic Pro X 401: Xtreme Drums & Beats
- Logic Pro X 402: Producing Hip Hop
- Logic Pro X 403: Olav's Power Tools & Tips
- Logic Pro X 404: The ART of EDM
- Logic Pro X 405: Mastering EDM Tracks
- Logic Pro X 406: Mixing EDM Tracks
- Logic Pro X 408: The ART of Deep House
- Logic Pro X 409: Twisted Drums and Deviant Bass
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
Really a useful course, very clear with many examples. I've really enjoyed it, it's a great way to start using the drummer editor in depth. Great!
Great stuff. Clearly explained. Covered all the key functions.
If you can' play drums...this is the answer! Another great course by David. I enjoyed a lot watching this. Learned some new tricks and many possibilities to improve the drums on my songs. Thank you so much!
Dave Earl really demonstrates the power and potential of Logic Pro X's Drummer and rum Kit Designer in this awesome tutorial! As an electronic dance music producer, to my detriment I have payed little attention to these plugins until the 1.1 update where electronic kits were implemented. All I can say is i've been losing out because even the rock and alternative kits are fantastic - check this one out!
A good exploration of new drummer features in Logic Pro X. This course spends a bit much time just walking through presets and auditioning sounds though.
Wow, this is a fantastic tool! I will never hire a drummer for my demoes again ...
Truly an amazing course for understanding how drummer works for logic pro. I never knew how awesome drummer was until I completed this course.
David Earl has excellent delivery and clarity while covering the details of Drummer. Seems to have much experience already on this wonderful tool.
I don't think this tutorial could've been done much better.. Always learn a lot from the Ninja! Good gig MacPro!
Great speaking style, very comfortable pace, nice attitude/tone. I can hear genuine enthusiasm which contributes to making things interesting. Well done.
Absolutely a must for the "Learning curve" i really enjoyed every minute of this Tutorial.. informative,well put together,brilliant ,,,
Great Tutorial. I thought this tool was pretty simple to get going with but i overlooked the depth of control possible. Just wait till you get to the multi-out section! Thank you David.
What more can I say...... da Ninja himself doing what he does best. This here is an amazing course - it gives a taste of the endless possibilities of LPX Drummer, and I sure will be coming back to this course. There's some amazing insight here, and the amount of information in 23 easy to follow videos is amazing.
This was an easy-to-follow run through the drummer, drum kits, and drum designer. It gives a good idea of the variability of the drummer and drum designer and is pretty easy to follow compared to some of the Logic X core courses.
Amazing lessons for an amazing product. Well presented in nicely sliced pieces that were easy to understand I am taking a lot away from this program
That's a really really awesome tutorial. I had a great time watching it, at the first I didn't expect that much about drummer in Logic, but now it's gonna be may main tool for programming beat!!
Great overview of the new drum features of Logic. This is the best way to get familiar with all the new and fascinating features. I found myself exploring the features as I watched the videos...
Another great course for Logic Pro X!! It explains that fundamentals of the new Drummer plugin and all of its features and cool techniques!!
I found it interesting but I was hoping for a little more hands on in regards to the tweeking and adjustments sections at the end.
greta course keep them coming learning loads, but always 1 step forward two steps back
Another great tutorial from Dave, lots of great little tips and pointers in here.
This is a very thorough overview. With the information presented, one is able to work comfortably with this remarkable application. Some auditioning of kit pieces could have been left to the viewer.
Wow. This is a powerful tool for the home producer. Great tutorials and easy to follow.
Again, an amazing amount of information. Perfectly cut up to hold your attention and get you through every aspect of a very, very deep section of the program. Great job
Pretty great. I would have liked a bit more with Drummer editing and arranging— how to apply it to a preexisting song, and replacing finger-drumming parts effectively.
Great tutorial. Worth checking it out!!!
Great Tutorial! Simply stated and easy to follow. I would recommend to anyone wanting to learn more about the drummer tracks in Logic Pro X
Nice review of Drummer and Designer - covers using the styled built in drummers and the large variety of kit options, plus all the custom settings for both.
Great, in-depth tutorial. I love this, makes me want to open Logic every minute. I have a question though, how did you get that many snare drums and kick drums to select from (16. choosing a snare)? Many thanks, keep the good work up B.A. Adetoye
Wonderful display of the power potential inside of Drummer. I have already produced a few tracks using it and it is absolutely phenomenal. The Follow option is just pure genius.
Quick way to get up to speed on a new feature. Covered the whole thing well, better than the manual.
Really great stuff -- there's a lot more than you think in Drum Designer.
I've been watching David Earl videos on YouTube for a while and it's nice to see him on macProVideo. Logic Pro X's Drummer and Drum Kit Designer are super impressive. Thanks for the breakdown.
This course was fantastic, when I bought Logic Pro X I expected the Drummer feature to be a fun toy, but it appears to be pretty much exactly what I've been hoping for a long time.
Now I am waiting for logic to come out with some 'drummers' that play more complex rhythms and time signatures, like brazilian,latin and jazz drummers, fusion, maybe an african or balinese ensemble.
Very informative and clearly described by a very knowledgeable presenter. This answered all my questions about how Drum Kit Designer works and I'm really impressed at the possibilities.
Overall pretty good intro to drum kit designer, however a little more of 'under the hood' and less of a product demo would be cool. Great though considering Logic X is only 3 days out of bed!!!
thanks david another great tutorial, so let's go back to the logic pro X for fun !
Great course, I was a little excited about Drummer before, but now I'm foaming at the mouth.
Another Excellent Tutorial from The Ninja by the Bay!