Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- Aug 26th, 2013
The ES2 is the essential synthesis tool in any Logic user's audio arsenal. Introduced in Logic 7 and reborn in Logic Pro X - this tutorial exposes the ES2's deepest musical secrets.
Steve H. and his trusty assistant Igor are at it again ... creating incredible tutorials, that is! This tutorial is as entertaining as it is educational. By mixing clever audio comedy with facts about synthesis and tone creation, Steve has made what is possibly the best Logic tutorial ever! You might think that's a big statement, but watch this tutorial and you'll understand what I mean ...
This tutorial is as much a lesson in the theory of synthesis as it is an deep exploration of the ES2. Drawing on years of sound design experience, Steve shows you what subtractive , FM, and Pulse Width synthesis really is. As an incredible bonus, Steve demonstrates how these waves actually look using a digital oscilloscope, so you can see and hear the differences between these popular forms of synthesis.
Mixed into the tutorial are several bonus sound design workshops which show you how to build common sounds, from the ground up using the ES2's oscillators, filters and other audio functions. The ES2 is an incredible sound design tool, and the included workshops will not only show you what's possible, but also provide ideas and inspiration for producing your own sounds.
But best of all, this tutorial contains a deep exploration of Vector synthesis. Vector synthesis is a method of automating sounds to change over time, and it's a hidden treasure in the ES2 that almost nobody uses. With Vector Synthesis, you can truly define your sounds by making interesting and musical timbres that nobody has herd before. Vector synthesis is a sound designer's dream, and Steve H. shows exactly how it works in this tutorial.
- Logic Pro X: 10.1 New Features: Explored
- Logic Pro X: What’s New In Logic Pro X 10.0
- Logic Pro X 100: Absolute Beginner's Guide
- Logic Pro X 101: Core Training: Create Your 1st Project
- Logic Pro X 102: Core Training: Signal Flow
- Logic Pro X 103: Core Training: Audio Recording and Editing
- Logic Pro X 104: Core Training: MIDI Recording and Editing
- Logic Pro X 105: Core Training: Mixing and Automation
- Logic Pro X 106: Logic Remote
- Logic Pro X 107: Smart Controls
- Logic Pro X 108: Flexing Vocals: Time and Pitch
- Logic Pro X 109: Core Training – The Score Editor
- Logic Pro X 112: Bouncing, Sharing and Archiving
- Logic Pro X 113: External MIDI Basics
- Logic Pro X 114: External MIDI Advanced
- Logic Pro X 200: MIDI FX: The Arpeggiator
- Logic Pro X 201: The EXS24: Sampling Explored
- Logic Pro X 202: Drummer and Drum Kit Designer
- Logic Pro X 203: Retro Synth: 4 Synths in 1
- Logic Pro X 204: Sculpture Sound Design Workshop
- Logic Pro X 205: Synthesis With Sculpture
- Logic Pro X 206: ES2 Exposed
- Logic Pro X 207: ES2 Sound Design Workshop
- Logic Pro X 208: Alchemy Explored
- Logic Pro X 209: Ultrabeat - Drum Design Workshop
- Logic Pro X 210: Alchemy - Advanced Synthesis Explained and Explored
- Logic Pro X 301: Supercharged Processing
- Logic Pro X 303: 21 Synth Secrets
- Logic Pro X 305: Voiceover Recording and Editing
- Logic Pro X 400: Xtreme Sound Design
- Logic Pro X 401: Xtreme Drums & Beats
- Logic Pro X 402: Producing Hip Hop
- Logic Pro X 403: Olav's Power Tools & Tips
- Logic Pro X 404: The ART of EDM
- Logic Pro X 405: Mastering EDM Tracks
- Logic Pro X 406: Mixing EDM Tracks
- Logic Pro X 408: The ART of Deep House
- Logic Pro X 409: Twisted Drums and Deviant Bass
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
Knew nothing about the ES2 before starting this course. Good walk though into the nooks and crannies. I feel good about being able to program this synth now.
Superb. The ES2 is a very powerful synth but it has a lot of functionality that's not obvious from the interface (and some that is well hidden). This course exposes everything. I really liked both the pace and the level. However I recommend taking the course twice - there is a lot of good material here.
The most amazing and complete course about ES2 that I´ve seen. It's one of those that you must watch several times to take full advanage of all the information that is given.
Steve H demonstrates the features and functionality of Logic Pro's powerful ES@ in this really interesting course. Definitely worth the watch for any Logic Pro user! I really want some of Igor's presets lol
Learned the ES2 inside out with this tutorial. Instructor was entertaining and great at deconstructing complicated topics. I will have to watch again because of the ES2's complexity, but look forward to doing so. Besides a few very-welcomed jokes to brighten up the dense material, this tutorial cuts to the chase.
Great course covering everything about the ES2.. The quality of the video resolution was a little bit lower than usual; it seems to be an older course. Excellent quality instruction and information, however!
Awesome tutorial. Steve H. is an ace on teaching. Full of the usual silly jokes, but teaches everything you need to know about the EX2. Amazing Synth.
As usual, Steve gets into pretty much everything you need to know to use the ES2 effectively.
An excellent course on ES2. It covers every aspect of this wonderful synth; and the course reveals some amazing features I missed in the past.
Another Master Class - This will map the ES2 into your brain. Exactly what you need if, like me, you want to start programming but cannot link the app flow without a little help :). You will also be introduced into Routing and Mapping, which, will enable you to create the personal, funky and very interesting sounds which we all hope to find in presets ;). Happy Programming all.