Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- Aug 19th, 2014
Learn the art of recording voiceovers! This course, by voiceover artist and Logic Pro expert Jonathan Slatter, explains how to record, edit, and produce the most fundamental instrument of all: the Human Voice.
Voiceovers are everywhere: Commercials, Films, TV shows, radio and even instructional videos! That’s why, as an engineer or even as a voiceover artist, you need to know how to capture, edit and produce the best-sounding voice recording possible. In this course by Jonathan Slatter, you learn everything you need to know about professional voiceover recording.
This course starts at the source: The Voice and Microphone. You learn about the VO signal flow and how to get your mic setup to record high quality tracks in Logic Pro. Jonathan then jumps in to his custom VO booth to explain the essential tools, acoustical treatments and performance techniques needed to get the very best vocal sound.
A big part of running a VO session is setting up a Logic template in advance. In this section of the course, Jonathan shows you how he created his custom template, specifically designed for voiceover recording and editing. (Be sure to download the resource file included with this course)
Next up is a collection of tutorials about recording and editing. Logic has some amazing tools to capture, move, edit, replace, time-compress and clean-up voiceover audio. You learn them all! This is followed by a section on “voicing to picture” and how to synchronize the video and audio to complete the task.
So join Jonathan Slatter and take in everything you need to know to record voiceovers in Logic Pro!
- Logic Pro X: 10.1 New Features: Explored
- Logic Pro X: What’s New In Logic Pro X 10.0
- Logic Pro X 100: Absolute Beginner's Guide
- Logic Pro X 101: Core Training: Create Your 1st Project
- Logic Pro X 102: Core Training: Signal Flow
- Logic Pro X 103: Core Training: Audio Recording and Editing
- Logic Pro X 104: Core Training: MIDI Recording and Editing
- Logic Pro X 105: Core Training: Mixing and Automation
- Logic Pro X 106: Logic Remote
- Logic Pro X 107: Smart Controls
- Logic Pro X 108: Flexing Vocals: Time and Pitch
- Logic Pro X 109: Core Training – The Score Editor
- Logic Pro X 112: Bouncing, Sharing and Archiving
- Logic Pro X 113: External MIDI Basics
- Logic Pro X 114: External MIDI Advanced
- Logic Pro X 200: MIDI FX: The Arpeggiator
- Logic Pro X 201: The EXS24: Sampling Explored
- Logic Pro X 202: Drummer and Drum Kit Designer
- Logic Pro X 203: Retro Synth: 4 Synths in 1
- Logic Pro X 204: Sculpture Sound Design Workshop
- Logic Pro X 205: Synthesis With Sculpture
- Logic Pro X 206: ES2 Exposed
- Logic Pro X 207: ES2 Sound Design Workshop
- Logic Pro X 209: Ultrabeat - Drum Design Workshop
- Logic Pro X 301: Supercharged Processing
- Logic Pro X 303: 21 Synth Secrets
- Logic Pro X 305: Voiceover Recording and Editing
- Logic Pro X 400: Xtreme Sound Design
- Logic Pro X 401: Xtreme Drums & Beats
- Logic Pro X 402: Producing Hip Hop
- Logic Pro X 403: Olav's Power Tools & Tips
- Logic Pro X 404: The ART of EDM
- Logic Pro X 405: Mastering EDM Tracks
- Logic Pro X 406: Mixing EDM Tracks
- Logic Pro X 408: The ART of Deep House
- Logic Pro X 409: Twisted Drums and Deviant Bass
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
Great course! Short and easy to understand tips on how to get good sounding voicovers in no time. Thanks!
I have been through a lot of training here and other sites. This was the best I have seen for logic pro and voice application. In addition this trainer's delivery is excellent.
One of the best classes on here, next to the David Earl Logic ones. Top notch!
Fantastic course, I've been experimenting with many different DAWs and as a busy VO artist, I need to maximize efficiency. This course helped me finally decide on Logic Pro. Been using Ableton Live 9, Adobe Audition CC 2015, but this seems much more in line for VO artists. Really enjoyed it immensely and glad I made the decision to buy this course. Super informative. Thanks!!
Man, I wish I had known about this tutorial months, if not years, ago. Anyone doing voiceover work can learn from this. The rating below will be a 5 but I'd give it a 6 if I could! Well done Jonathan Slatter.
Amazing tutorial. I learned so many things that I was able to instantly apply to my voiceover workflows to improve my voice overs.
Thank you so much, John. This course was exactly what I needed to understand the basics of Logic Pro X. I replayed several lessons to help my understanding, too. Your explanations were clear and easy to follow. Great job!
I learned so much from Jonathan. He taught at perfect pace and helped me learn the tricks to editing audio with less steps. I loved the marquee select tool to work in conjunction with the automation edits. Such a huge time saver instead of adding four points manually to control volume. I definitely will not forget that tip. Now I am ready to work on my voiceover for my video project. Thanks for an awesome course!
Excellent Video. Very Informative without feeling slow. Keeps your attention. Watched the 2 hr video in one sitting. I've used logic for years and learned some new tricks. Love That. Jonathan was a great instructor.
Amazing tutorial! I just switched to Logic Pro X and have editing etc has always been my downfall. If i had known about this tutorial before, it would have saved me a whole lot of time and despair! An absolute bargain for $19.50 and i look forward to any future tutorials by Jonathan! Thanks for your help!
Perfect amount of detail of everything from microphones, recording techniques and post-recording EQ, compression and limiting. As someone who really knows Logic Pro X, I still learned about a few features and techniques that I had never used before. By applying the various Logic features to the mechanics of recording and editing a simple audio track, this gave context to learning how to use those Logic features. I especially enjoyed the pragmatic approach of building a Voiceover template because I now have a useful template instead of just course notes. Now all I need to do is set up a recording booth with acoustic treatment to eliminate the room tone and impulse responses to be ready to start recording voiceovers that will sound more professionally produced.
Picked up some great tips 'n' tricks from this course, not only for voice over but for many other audio applications.
Great course. If you're a beginner and want to record voiceovers, this will be absolute GOLD. For someone who does this for a living, it was super basic for me... HOWEVER i learned a few little tid bits that made it all worth it. This is why i love going through some of these courses even though i already know the material... There are some really cool little tid bits you pick up along the way that are just priceless! Key commands, etc. Great course!
Really informative course - obviously put together (and presented) by someone that actually has a lot of experience in this field. Which is exactly what you want !! Great tips for setting up Logic Pro X for voiceover work too !! Should make any voiceover work a breeze now !! (Famous last words !!) :-)
I was a little leery of taking the course but for under $20 I took the dive. Needless to say I am glad that I did. One of the best tutorials I've had the pleasure to view. Covers everything you need to know to record and edit VO's in Logic. Great stuff.
WOW! What a course and what a trainer. Thank you so, so much. Wish I had this tutorial some years earlier. It is a real time saver and a must watch if you are doing VO in Logic. Thank you again. P.S. Best course I have watched at MacPro Video so far. Would love to see a Part 2.
Very professional tutorial. Easy to follow and extremely useful information. Thanks!!!
I plowed through this course in one night and came away with a great list of tips and tricks. I tried out several techniques from this course the next day and cut my production time by 30-50%. Very well produced. Covers what you need and doesn't spend anytime on anything superfluous. This might be the best course I've seen on MacPro Video.
I tell you what, I've been doing VO recording and editing for 12 years, and wish I had this tutorial some years back. I just learned things the hard way. From the ground up from Mics, A to D to A conversions, Technique. All the way to various types of editing, VO for Picture and post production. Nice.