Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- Oct 21st, 2014
Derail Drummer... Unhinge Ultrabeat... This outrageous, 2+ hour course, by outlaw Logic adventurer Bill Burgess, takes the art of creating beats to il-Logic-al limits! Take your Logic Pro X beat making to the Xtreme!
When we think of Logic, we don't usually think of it as a hacker's playground. But deep inside of this multidimensional program lie some pretty wicked tools that can generate crazy results... especially with former Apple Logic team member Bill Burgess at the controls. So, if you're a Logic Pro X user and you're looking for new ways generate loops, beats and sonic inspiration, this course will open your eyes and replenish your imagination!
It starts with Drummer. There's more to this android beat-basher than meets the eye and Bill takes our robotic friend to musical places his Apple inventors never imagined! Then there's good old Ultrabeat. Deep within this drum machine lie some powerful mashup tools that allow it to randomly chop up any audio track into tasty rhythmic masterpieces.
Up next is a section on creative comping. Not just comping similar tracks but tracks that just don't seem like they should ever go together! Bill shows you how to fuse these strange elements into the most unique and unusual loopable clips.
But there's lots more to this collection of tutorials: Bill Burgess is masterful drummer and drum programmer who generously shares his time-proven programming techniques all along the way. So get deep into Logic's subconscious -without even going into the environment- in this eye-opening course delivered by the always-entertaining Bill Burgess!
- Logic Pro X: 10.1 New Features: Explored
- Logic Pro X: What’s New In Logic Pro X 10.0
- Logic Pro X 100: Absolute Beginner's Guide
- Logic Pro X 101: Core Training: Create Your 1st Project
- Logic Pro X 102: Core Training: Signal Flow
- Logic Pro X 103: Core Training: Audio Recording and Editing
- Logic Pro X 104: Core Training: MIDI Recording and Editing
- Logic Pro X 105: Core Training: Mixing and Automation
- Logic Pro X 106: Logic Remote
- Logic Pro X 107: Smart Controls
- Logic Pro X 108: Flexing Vocals: Time and Pitch
- Logic Pro X 109: Core Training – The Score Editor
- Logic Pro X 112: Bouncing, Sharing and Archiving
- Logic Pro X 113: External MIDI Basics
- Logic Pro X 114: External MIDI Advanced
- Logic Pro X 200: MIDI FX: The Arpeggiator
- Logic Pro X 201: The EXS24: Sampling Explored
- Logic Pro X 202: Drummer and Drum Kit Designer
- Logic Pro X 203: Retro Synth: 4 Synths in 1
- Logic Pro X 204: Sculpture Sound Design Workshop
- Logic Pro X 205: Synthesis With Sculpture
- Logic Pro X 206: ES2 Exposed
- Logic Pro X 207: ES2 Sound Design Workshop
- Logic Pro X 209: Ultrabeat - Drum Design Workshop
- Logic Pro X 301: Supercharged Processing
- Logic Pro X 303: 21 Synth Secrets
- Logic Pro X 305: Voiceover Recording and Editing
- Logic Pro X 400: Xtreme Sound Design
- Logic Pro X 401: Xtreme Drums & Beats
- Logic Pro X 402: Producing Hip Hop
- Logic Pro X 403: Olav's Power Tools & Tips
- Logic Pro X 404: The ART of EDM
- Logic Pro X 405: Mastering EDM Tracks
- Logic Pro X 406: Mixing EDM Tracks
- Logic Pro X 408: The ART of Deep House
- Logic Pro X 409: Twisted Drums and Deviant Bass
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
High level stuff. Can't wait to go back and try these tricks. I like Bill's humor as he goes along.
Next to D. Earl's videos, I enjoy Bill Burgess' the most. Helped me look at stuff differently and he's naturally funny as hell. Good stuff. Need more like this.
I enjoyed this course a lot. Very useful information and many creative tips. It's one of those that I will watch again.
Phenomenal course. All kinds of fantastically creative approaches to making rhythm interesting, while still keeping the alchemy of surprise combinations and the spontaneity of chance discovery alive and well. There are 'gotchas' in here that I would never even have known existed, let alone where and how to access them. Delivered quickly, precisely and with humour, the course assumes you know a fair bit about rhythm already and how to find your way around Logic. Then it takes you down the rabbit hole. Boooom.
I do not know how Bill Burgess did it but the Drummer and Track Stack hacks blew my mind! This course is worth the watch just for then - madness!
Thanks for a very inspirational course. Your ghost note and offset note 'routine' is really an eye opener! Took the test, and failed. Not one of your keyC exists on my system: colour= option c, Midi note mute=m, zoom= ctrl + arrow keys etc. etc. But thanks anyway. JanD
This course is brilliant, the only reason I'm writing a review is in hopes that there are more courses taught by BB. Otherwise I would want to keep it my little secret. He's funny, clear, and VERY knowledgeable.
As someone who dosn't read manuals this course has taught me a lot & demystified things I usually avoided in the past. Recommended
WOW! Watched many tutorials on MPV and they are all generally really good. But for me this one really inspired me to think a bit more outside the box with Logic and really rekindled my appreciation for the included possibilities within Logic and not needing to necessarily reach for 3rd party plugins. Loved the general fast paced, not spending too long on little things like can (for me at least) be boring in other tutorials. Hope to see more tips and tricks from Bill! :D
This course has a great deal of eye openers for beat creation. Especially the used tools and how to make them help you discover interesting patterns, grooves. Certainly a great course if you are looking for making you beats more interesting or surprising.
Top tutorial,Bill Burgess style is very easy to learn from
Inspirational and detailed exploration of some powerful techniques and experimental effects for rhythm generation and manipulation in Logic. Will be returning to this and trying out all the ideas. Highly recommended.
Wow... A massive amount of info and knowledge has been offered up here. Hands down This is the best Drum Tutorial I have ever seen. I think Ill be re-watching this course many times.Thanks,E.S.D.
really cool so far, always enjoy bill's teaching style