Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- Dec 6th, 2013
Learn mastering with UK-based mastering engineer Mo Volans as he takes on finalizing an EDM track using Logic Pro X in this in-depth, 34-tutorial course.
Becoming a good mastering engineer is a lot like learning how to play an instrument. It takes a lot of hard work, practice and ear-training. In fact, a mastering engineer’s “instrument” is actually a varied collection of hardware and software that works together to bring out the best in any track. Luckily, Logic Pro X comes with a plethora of advanced dynamics, EQ and audio enhancing tools to help make your EDM tracks explode with excitement and clarity. This course is broken down into 4 discreet sections:
1. Setup and Preparation
2. Dynamics and Control
3. EQ and Enhancement
4. Loudness and Export
Each section delivers a ton of mastering information that you can deploy with Logic’s included plugins or any third part plugins that you may have in your audio arsenal. In fact, one of the coolest parts of this course is when Mo shows how he incorporates all kinds of mastering plugins – from lots of different software companies – to get the job done right!
So whether you're mastering EDM – or any other kind of tracks – this course has an abundance of pro tips and tricks you can apply to any music genre. Sit back, dig in and watch Mo Volans master an EDM track right here, right now in Logic Pro X!
- Logic Pro X: 10.1 New Features: Explored
- Logic Pro X: What’s New In Logic Pro X 10.0
- Logic Pro X 100: Absolute Beginner's Guide
- Logic Pro X 101: Core Training: Create Your 1st Project
- Logic Pro X 102: Core Training: Signal Flow
- Logic Pro X 103: Core Training: Audio Recording and Editing
- Logic Pro X 104: Core Training: MIDI Recording and Editing
- Logic Pro X 105: Core Training: Mixing and Automation
- Logic Pro X 106: Logic Remote
- Logic Pro X 107: Smart Controls
- Logic Pro X 108: Flexing Vocals: Time and Pitch
- Logic Pro X 109: Core Training – The Score Editor
- Logic Pro X 112: Bouncing, Sharing and Archiving
- Logic Pro X 113: External MIDI Basics
- Logic Pro X 114: External MIDI Advanced
- Logic Pro X 200: MIDI FX: The Arpeggiator
- Logic Pro X 201: The EXS24: Sampling Explored
- Logic Pro X 202: Drummer and Drum Kit Designer
- Logic Pro X 203: Retro Synth: 4 Synths in 1
- Logic Pro X 204: Sculpture Sound Design Workshop
- Logic Pro X 205: Synthesis With Sculpture
- Logic Pro X 206: ES2 Exposed
- Logic Pro X 207: ES2 Sound Design Workshop
- Logic Pro X 209: Ultrabeat - Drum Design Workshop
- Logic Pro X 301: Supercharged Processing
- Logic Pro X 303: 21 Synth Secrets
- Logic Pro X 305: Voiceover Recording and Editing
- Logic Pro X 400: Xtreme Sound Design
- Logic Pro X 401: Xtreme Drums & Beats
- Logic Pro X 402: Producing Hip Hop
- Logic Pro X 403: Olav's Power Tools & Tips
- Logic Pro X 404: The ART of EDM
- Logic Pro X 405: Mastering EDM Tracks
- Logic Pro X 406: Mixing EDM Tracks
- Logic Pro X 408: The ART of Deep House
- Logic Pro X 409: Twisted Drums and Deviant Bass
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
A very good collection of tips that will endure regardless of genre.
Great videos on the mastering process -- almost too much to process. I know I'll revisit some sections again...
A nice course about mastering. A do it yourself approach, well suited for the EDM producer as well for any other genre. It's all about using the information well.
A good introductory course. If you are brand new to mastering, this is a great start. If you have been mastering for a while and are looking for advanced technique or theory, look elsewhere. It is what it is... a good intro course!
Excellent course, truly. Not 5-stars because really I would have liked to see the "process" from start to finish instead of the many different tools from many different companies, et al. However, Mo Volans keeps the topics interesting and is on-point. Every recording musician needs to go through this tutorial.
This course is simply amazing! I couldn't imagine that mastering could be so enjoyable. Easy to follow and understand, I really liked the tips and the plugins presented here. Since it's about mastering, I recommend to not listen to this course with a 1$ headphone or speaker.
PROPER class! It cleared up so many little things that I originally was fuzzy on. Thanks for clearing that fog!
This was really informative and interesting. Covers a lot of plugins and tips for successful mastering.
WOW.... Mo Volans spares no punches in this course. There's all the information needed for mastering; and more importantly, it all applies to the mixing process too. I've learnt so much more about the LPX plugins, and how they compare to other 3rd partly plugs. It's amazing what can be achieved. I can go on and on about how fantastic this course is, but all I'll say is it is worth every watch; and definitely over and over again until it all sticks.
Very well presented and tons of great tips and information, never boring and even tho i Master myself in my own studio, i really learn t a lot of NEW techniques which i am very eager to try out soon in my next Mastering Session.... Thank you
Great course covering the tools and tricks for mastering audio in Logic Pro X!! Also discusses sound dynamics and lots of different plug-ins!
This is a genuinely informative course. It explains exactly what the plugins do and how to use them effectively. For the amateur, or semi-pro, you will find this practical indeed. Mr Volans has a great teaching style. I was never once bored with this tutorial. Well done, sir.
What I liked about this tutorial is that I don't even use logic and I found it informative and easily transferable to my DAW. The only issue I had is that although Mo has told us exactly what devices to use he hasn't told us "when". I know that applying effects in a particular order is extremely important to the overall sound. But, I learnt a lot and will be trying these tips in the future.
Great tutorial for anyone interested in mastering "in the box". A lot of solid information about Logic and 3rd party plug-ins and how they are used for mastering purposes. A very informative tutorial for anyone using a computer to create, mix, and master music… not just Logic users
As a producer, although of course it is always recommended to send one's tracks to a separate mastering engineer for best results. However, in today's music world, especially for producers who want to be able to share and test out their new tracks in their DJ sets etc. being able to do a decent mastering job on your own is almost a must at this point. Of all the tutorials I've watched on Mastering, this is by far the most step by step, nuts and bolts, technique based course I've every watched. Along with showing how to do everything with Logic X's native plugins, he goes through several similar external VST's for every step of the way and although I don't own everything he shows, there was almost always at least one external option I do have and use. Can't recommend this enough for all electronic music producers, taking you from preparing your mix for mastering (even if you don't plan to do it yourself" to the final export settings, it is fully comprehensive and easy to grasp.
Yeah really great tips and sensible advice this course would really suit beginners who are new to the mastering process!