Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- Feb 27th, 2014
Mixing electronic dance music requires the skills of a surgeon and artistry of a sculptor. Learn how to create power-pumping, crystal-clear dance mixes with Logic Pro X in this EDM mixing course by Mo Volans.
Mixing electronic music is tough! Electronic sounds, by their very nature, are extremely rich in harmonics. They share a lot of the same waveforms and transient characteristics and are often filtered and processed in similar ways. Unlike their acoustic cousins, electronic instruments inherently fight for the same, limited sonic space.
In this course, designed by Mo Volans, you learn tons of mixing tips to help you make all the sounds in your mixed track sound their best and achieve clarity via the use of EQ, compression, spatial tools and more.
As Mo continues to assemble the elements in his track, he also deploys dynamic-based techniques like parallel compression, side-chaining and M-S processing to further enhance, clarify and carve out space in the mix. See Mo’s track come to life as he explains his musical and technical thought processes all along the way.
So see how a pro pumps up the electronic music energy in this hands-on "Mixing EDM" course by our favorite tech-head electronic producer, Mo Volans.
- Logic Pro X: 10.1 New Features: Explored
- Logic Pro X: What’s New In Logic Pro X 10.0
- Logic Pro X 100: Absolute Beginner's Guide
- Logic Pro X 101: Core Training: Create Your 1st Project
- Logic Pro X 102: Core Training: Signal Flow
- Logic Pro X 103: Core Training: Audio Recording and Editing
- Logic Pro X 104: Core Training: MIDI Recording and Editing
- Logic Pro X 105: Core Training: Mixing and Automation
- Logic Pro X 106: Logic Remote
- Logic Pro X 107: Smart Controls
- Logic Pro X 108: Flexing Vocals: Time and Pitch
- Logic Pro X 109: Core Training – The Score Editor
- Logic Pro X 112: Bouncing, Sharing and Archiving
- Logic Pro X 113: External MIDI Basics
- Logic Pro X 114: External MIDI Advanced
- Logic Pro X 200: MIDI FX: The Arpeggiator
- Logic Pro X 201: The EXS24: Sampling Explored
- Logic Pro X 202: Drummer and Drum Kit Designer
- Logic Pro X 203: Retro Synth: 4 Synths in 1
- Logic Pro X 204: Sculpture Sound Design Workshop
- Logic Pro X 205: Synthesis With Sculpture
- Logic Pro X 206: ES2 Exposed
- Logic Pro X 207: ES2 Sound Design Workshop
- Logic Pro X 209: Ultrabeat - Drum Design Workshop
- Logic Pro X 301: Supercharged Processing
- Logic Pro X 303: 21 Synth Secrets
- Logic Pro X 305: Voiceover Recording and Editing
- Logic Pro X 400: Xtreme Sound Design
- Logic Pro X 401: Xtreme Drums & Beats
- Logic Pro X 402: Producing Hip Hop
- Logic Pro X 403: Olav's Power Tools & Tips
- Logic Pro X 404: The ART of EDM
- Logic Pro X 405: Mastering EDM Tracks
- Logic Pro X 406: Mixing EDM Tracks
- Logic Pro X 408: The ART of Deep House
- Logic Pro X 409: Twisted Drums and Deviant Bass
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
Mo is a great instructor and is very clear in explaining these concepts. I have been able to add a few tricks to my repertoire due to this course and I will definitely check out Mo's other videos.
Such useful video. I really hope You do a remixing tutorial in Logic x. There are videos for remixing but they are on Abelton Live.
Excellent course on mixing electronic dance music. Loads of tips and tricks, great examples of mixing technique to apply to your mix. Even though this is in Logic, the information translates across to any DAW.
Great mixing course. To mix you need a solid foundation and advanced tech knowledge. Here, you'll find both.
A very good and IMHO complete course. Fantastic teacher as well.
Great basic video covering general aspects of mixing. Not super thorough, but its not meant to be. If you are new to mixing this is ESSENTIAL. If you are not, you will still learn a few things.
Very basic stuff, and not much about hands-on mixing. I would've loved to see Mo getting down to the mix to the very finest detail and not just general knowledge about mixing, compression, eq... I highly recommend the Olav Basoski course about mixing electronica.
Its ok but most of the topics were not covered as much as they should have.
Another excellent course from Mo. Everything is so well explained in such detail that you immediately understand what is being done and how to use the technique in your own materials. At the same time the explanations are straight to the point. This is a fantastic accompaniment to Mo's Mastering Course.
awesome job, mo. very informative. i would encourage anyone in any genre to watch this. mixing at it's best! looking forward to more.
Lots of tips and tricks on mixing and mastering your tracks in Logic! Also mentions a lot of good plugin suggestions to add to your collection.
The best mixing video so far. Everything is well organized and easy to follow. I will sure put it in action on my mixes and will definitely watch the mastering course as well. Thanks a million for this course. See you on the next videos.
I think this is one of the best mixing courses on LPV. Having watched a few, I still got some fresh perspective and tips from Mo Volans, who is clear, eloquent and to the point as an instructor. I recommend heartily this course to anyone interested in in-the-box mixing.