Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- Oct 28th, 2013
Ableton Live comes jam-packed with a ton of factory Max FX and Plugins. What do they do? How do they work and how do you use them? Find out right now in this exploratory course by Gary Hiebner...
The MAX programming environment is built right in to Ableton Live. Designing your own plugins requires some pretty deep programming skills. No worries, we have some amazing courses to teach you those! However, sometimes the best way to understand how Max For Live works is to explore with plugins that already exist!
That's why this course takes you step-by-step through the factory M4L plugins. It shows you how to deploy them them into your production workflow. You learn how to operate the audio, MIDI and instrument Max plugins that are packaged with Live. We know that once you understand how they work, they’ll inspire you to think about plugins and instruments in a completely new way.
So if your want to MAXimize your tunes and MAX out your live sets without becoming a programmer, this course shows you how it’s done. And, if you’re feeling even more adventurous, be sure to check our deeper Max For Live programming courses.
Music is about exploration and pushing the boundaries. Be brave. Have no fear! Learn Max For LIve!
- Live 9 100: What's New In Live 9
- Live 9 101: Beginner's Guide
- Live 9 102: Recording Audio and Audio Effects
- Live 9 103: MIDI Recording and Effects
- Live 9 104: Exploring The Instruments
- Live 9 105: Arranging Explored
- Live 9 106: Go Live With Live 9
- Live 9 201: The Simpler Sampler
- Live 9 202: Live's Effects: Plugged In!
- Live 9 203: Live's Sampler: Explored
- Live 9 204: Exploring Drum Racks
- Live 9 205: Live DNA!
- Live 9 206: Max For Live FX Explored
- Live 9 207: Hooked on Racks!
- Live 9 301: MOLDOVER: Sound Control
- Live 9 302: Designing Sounds for Dance Music
- Live 9 303: Ableton Live TNT - Tips and Tricks
- Live 9 304: Making Electronic Dance Music
- Live 9 305: Dance Music Styles Demystified
- Live 9 400: Max For Live: For Musicians
- Live 9 401: Mixing & Mastering Toolbox
- Live 9 402: Killer Sound Design
- Live 9 403: Max For Live Advanced
- Live 9 404: Producing Techno and House
- Live 9 405: DJing Techno and House
- Live 9 406: Dubstep Production
- Live 9 407: Remixing in Live
- Live 9 408: Producing Glitch
- Live 9 409: Remixing Froya
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
i was totally Lost on how to use Max4Live but thanks to this course i understand Max4Live Much Better Now!!
THIS COURSE OMG! Its soo AWESOME! Ableton LIVE IS AWESOME and in the Ableton the Max4Live is so crazy! Its a Creativeful Way to Producing! Thank you MPV!
I Love this Course, Because he explains all together of Max4Live!! It was very Helpful for me to watching this video! Thank you MPV!
Thumps Up for this Course and the Maker of this Course!!!! This Course is very good to learn Max for Live!!!
Max for Live is just another incredible addition to Live's arsenal of inspirational FX...and this course is a great introduction on how to use them. The use of the (superb) LFO's in particular are a highlight for me - both midi and audio versions - but all of the other cool devices in Max are explained here too - simply - without too much jargon. Convolution reverb in 'split' mode !! Yes please !!! ;-) BTW - Ignore the silly comments on here about the tutors accent being a problem - its a broad South African one with a few 'unique' pronunciations - but its not a big deal. At all. Recommended viewing if you are new to Max for Live.
Max f'Lahv! This was a great introduction to Max For Live -- as a longtime user of Live and a recent purchaser of Max, this helped get me up to speed on the kinds of things Max can do, and the wealth of devices that are included. Gary walked through many of the devices, and helped me to better prepare for further exploration, which I plan to do.
Very informative video on Max For Live FX and instruments. Really like the section on Convolution Reverb and Convolution Reverb Pro!
Excellent course!! Lots of tips and tricks about lots of the FX that can be utilized in Ableton Live!! A+
I found this a pleasantly informative tutorial. The tutor speaks clearly and is easily heard, although with a most peculiar accent (I don't mean that to be insulting, rather I found the accent to be most intriguing!), but it is good to know going in that it may take a couple videos to get used to the delivery. Gary enunciates very well and this makes every detail easy to follow. The core MFL effects devices are explained and used in examples and all sections presented are relevant to the topic. Attentiveness to this course is also well maintained. This really makes one wish to open the program immediately and begin experimenting. Thanks for lots of good information, Gary. Recommended!
Very good course that explains everything that comes with M4L in a short, but detailed manner. I didn´t know much about M4L so far, but this tutorial took me many steps further. Thanks a lot, Gary!
Excellent course. Lot's of interesting info o max for live that'll bring you up to speed in no time.