Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- Apr 1st, 2013
When it comes to recording and editing vocal performances, Reason gives you limitless possibilities! Come along for the ride as Reason wizard Hollin Jones shows you how he creates platinum vocal tracks in Reason...
Great sounding vocals make a great song even better. They draw in the listener and create an unforgettable emotional experience. But how do you craft that perfect take and find the right emotion and the right energy? Enter Reason expert Hollin Jones who shares his vast Reason experience and reveals some of his best tips and tricks so you, too, can make the most out of your vocal tracks.
First, you learn how to accurately set up your audio interface to get the best sonics possible before you hit that "Big Red Button". Hollin also explains how to create a comfortable atmosphere for your singer using Reason's rich reverb and delays while recording. You get to hear a take as it's being recorded and see just how magical Clip Safe's healing capabilities are when recording your vocals using Balance: Reason's new hardware partner.
Sometimes the best performance happens over several takes, but not always in one go... so Hollin demonstrates how you can use the best parts of each take and put them together into one killer track! This chock-full-of-tips tutorial also opens up a lot of sonic doors by showing you how to compress, bend and twist your vocal tracks using Reason's unique tools and effects.
So go ahead, fire up Reason and let Lead Trainer Hollin Jones teach you how to make your vocals shine and stand out in your mix.
This course, originally created in an earlier version of Reason, is forward-compatible with the most recent version.
We have the largest and most complete library of Reason tutorials on the planet. Subscribe to watch them online or build yourself a downloadable bundle to save up to 50% off the list price!
- Reason 7 101: Quick Start Guide
- Reason 7 102: Reason Fundamentals
- Reason 7 103: Working With MIDI
- Reason 7 104: The Instruments
- Reason 7 105: Working With Audio
- Reason 7 106: FX, EQ, Automation and Mixing
- Reason 7 107: Beat Design Basics
- Reason 7 201: Synchronous Explored
- Reason 7 202: Buffre
- Reason 7 203: The Echo
- Reason 7 204: Pulverizer
- Reason 7 205: Alligator
- Reason 7 206: KONG: King of Drums
- Reason 7 207: Dr. OctoRex: Sonic Surgery
- Reason 7 208: The Combinator
- Reason 7 209: Thor: Master Of All Synths
- Reason 7 301: Advanced MIDI Workshop
- Reason 7 302: Advanced Mixing and Mastering
- Reason 7 401: Reason's Mixing Toolbox
- Reason 7 402: Reason's Mastering Toolbox
- Reason 7 403: Designing Dubstep: Beat by Beat
- Reason 7 404: Recording and Producing Vocals
- Reason 7 405: Twisted Sound Design
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
A good course for those just starting out, but for anyone with intermediate to advanced knowledge they may not learn very much. None of the tutorials go into very much detail, almost just scraping the surface of what Reason is capable of with regards to vocals. I have rated this 3 out of 5 as I do feel beginners will benefit from watching this series, but for myself whom I view as being at an intermediate level, I would rate the course as 2 out of 5 stars. I really didn't learn anything new :(
Excellent course. In addition to learn how to work with vocals, it's a good review of how Reason Works.
Very Practical, Very complete, Very well explained, just a little bit time wasting when at some points, because he doesn't go straight to the point, very it is a very good course in general
Love this tutorial, everything is explained in a way that anyone can understand... Keep it up!