Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- Mar 4th, 2013
Imagine being right next to a master remixer while he shows you how he creates his killer tracks! No need to imagine. You’ll be right there in the producer's seat beside Olav Basoski as you watch this tutorial!
Having remixed just about everyone, from Armin van Buuren to Moby, Olav Basoski is the virtual wikipedia of remixing: This guy knows it all!
Preparing a song for the dance floor is not an easy task. Trying to remix one of your own tunes is even harder. Luckily with Ableton Live in the able hands of Olav Basoski, DAW meets the master remixer creating the perfect remixing storm!
Experiencing the way that Olav Basoski guides you thru the process of remixing is a truly amazing trip. You’re sitting by his side, absorbing every word as he explains how he approaches a remix... how he selects the perfect elements from the original song and builds brand new beats! You are right there as he constructs that perfect groove, and creates the new arrangement one step at a time.
In this one-of-a-kind tutorial you’ll see how an audio master like Olav pushes himself ever harder to extract more impact from those micro musical moments where it really counts. You’ll also see how he has an acute eye and ear for every nuance, every step along the way. Olav even shows you all his favorite third party plugins and, best of all, he explais why and how he likes to use them.
This Ableton Live tutorial is revolutionary because it’s an exclusive, inside look into the way a true experienced pro does his everyday work. What really puts Remixing in Live over the top is the way that Olav gives you a front row seat as he shows you the inner workings ...the real arcana ... of why he does what he does throughout the whole song construction journey!
So sit down and learn the art of Remixing in Ableton Live with one of our top trainers: Olav Basoski!
- Live 9 100: What's New In Live 9
- Live 9 101: Beginner's Guide
- Live 9 102: Recording Audio and Audio Effects
- Live 9 103: MIDI Recording and Effects
- Live 9 104: Exploring The Instruments
- Live 9 105: Arranging Explored
- Live 9 106: Go Live With Live 9
- Live 9 201: The Simpler Sampler
- Live 9 202: Live's Effects: Plugged In!
- Live 9 203: Live's Sampler: Explored
- Live 9 204: Exploring Drum Racks
- Live 9 205: Live DNA!
- Live 9 206: Max For Live FX Explored
- Live 9 207: Hooked on Racks!
- Live 9 301: MOLDOVER: Sound Control
- Live 9 302: Designing Sounds for Dance Music
- Live 9 303: Ableton Live TNT - Tips and Tricks
- Live 9 304: Making Electronic Dance Music
- Live 9 305: Dance Music Styles Demystified
- Live 9 400: Max For Live: For Musicians
- Live 9 401: Mixing & Mastering Toolbox
- Live 9 402: Killer Sound Design
- Live 9 403: Max For Live Advanced
- Live 9 404: Producing Techno and House
- Live 9 405: DJing Techno and House
- Live 9 406: Dubstep Production
- Live 9 407: Remixing in Live
- Live 9 408: Producing Glitch
- Live 9 409: Remixing Froya
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
Very useful, and easy to follow. .........................................................................................
Watching Olav work on a track from beginning to end once through gave me at one go the gestalt and dozens of small cool things. 'Subtractive remixing' cool idea and now I am encouraged to take the twenty or so incomplete session view sketches and carve out a complete track. By the way, in other videos he has also taken the additive approach. Side chain compression - take mundane sounding chords and listen and learn how to make them pump. The edm form how to get the right build and break. The all important drum tracks and making them build and sizzle. Basic advice here is to experiment and be fearless. By the way most of the magic happened with samples an live plugins Only one small complaint and fault of Olav is that the video was made with live 8, not Live 9 as shown in the title.
I think I have picked up more in the last couple of days than I have in six months of trying to work things out for myself!
Watching Olav demonstrate, his work flow on putting a remix together, has given me allot of ideals to improve my work flow, the principles can help with any genre of music.
you know every time you listen to Olav you pick up some stuff and this is no different. Great automation tips and some nice plugins to boot. All in all nice remix in 3 hours work.