Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- Sep 30th, 2011
MIDI is the fuel that powers all of Reason's mind-blowing instruments. Join Reason MIDI master, Hollin Jones, and learn how to harness the power of MIDI to accelerate your tunes into Hyper Production...
Reason 6 is loaded with all kinds of ways to create, process and produce amazing music using MIDI. In this tutorial, MPV’s Reason expert, Hollin Jones, shows you how MIDI is generated, routed and manipulated in Reason 6.
You’ll learn how to record MIDI tracks and master the techniques of Clips, Quantization and creative ReGrooving to improve your skills and power up your tunes. Hollin then moves on to Reason’s Sequencer. You'll learn about the Sequencer’s different kinds of Lanes and the cool ways to merge MIDI notes into Parts. Next up is MIDI automation, followed by some indispensable videos about MIDI editing. Hollin then goes on to share some ultra-hip Tips & Tricks!
This tutorial, Working With MIDI, will completely demystify how MIDI works in Reason 6 and quickly get your MIDI chops up to speed!
So hook up your favorite MIDI controller, crack your knuckles and start jamming away with Reason’s incredible collection of instruments. This tutorial, Working With MIDI, will inspire you to reach out to new places in your Reason 6 production universe.
macProVideo.com has one of the largest and most complete library of Reason tutorials on the planet. Subscribe to watch them online or build yourself a downloadable bundle to save up to 50% off the list price!
Check out all our Reason 6 tutorials below:
- Reason 6 101: Quick Start Guide
- Reason 6 102: Reason Fundamentals
- Reason 6 103: Working With MIDI
- Reason 6 104: The Instruments
- Reason 6 105: Working With Audio
- Reason 6 106: FX, EQ, Automation and Mixing
- Reason 6 107: Beat Design Basics
- Reason 6 202: Buffre
- Reason 6 203: The Echo
- Reason 6 204: Pulverizer
- Reason 6 205: Alligator
- Reason 6 206: KONG: King of Drums
- Reason 6 207: Dr. OctoRex: Sonic Surgery
- Reason 6 208: The Combinator
- Reason 6 209: Thor: Master Of All Synths
- Reason 6 401: Reason's Mixing Toolbox
- Reason 6 402: Reason's Mastering Toolbox
- Reason 6 403: Designing Dubstep: Beat by Beat
- Reason 6 404: Recording and Producing Vocals
- Reason 6 405: Twisted Sound Design
- Reason 6 501: Getting up to Speed
- Reason 6 502: Fundamentals
- Reason 6 503: The Effects of Reason
- Reason 6 504: Instrumental to Reason
- Reason 6 505: Advancing your Reason
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
Great course. Very comprehensive... Goes through all of the functions. One thing I felt was missing is usage of keyboard shortcuts which is extremely useful when you work with the program.
This is a great warm-up to learning how to work with MIDI. Some of the great things I learned include the Regroove function, color coding midi clips, using multiple lanes, and the matrix pattern seq.
This tutorial skims the top of what reason can do. Great starter tutorial for learning how to work with midi inside of reason.
Really nice overview of Reason's sequencer, which is quite easy to use once you understand it but can be a little counterintuitive when fiddling around on your own.
A much appreciated and focused coverage of everything that is MIDI controlled inside of Reason Good job.
Good stuff. Like the other reviewer a newbie to Reason. Great to increase efficiency of editing MIDI which is supremely important. Basics you may not have considered!
another great tutorial,for anyone like me a beginner to Reason,or as a refresher to people with more experience this is for you Very concise and lots of content,in managble sections
I loved this tutorial,it was very informative,and i would recomend to any one who seriouse about learning reason 6 inside out,