Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- Aug 12th, 2014
This new beginner’s guide –by Ableton expert Bill Burgess– is designed to get every Live newbie up and making tracks fast! So, if you're looking to go Live, start right here, right now with this entertaining and informative course!
We've had a lot of requests for a very basic, intro course to complement our huge library of intermediate and advanced Ableton Live courses. Well, here it is! Bill Burgess created this new course to take you on an Ableton Live journey… starting right from the very beginning!
You learn everything, step-by-step, from installing Live to starting to produce your very first track. Speaking of tracks, Bill carefully explains the difference between Tracks, Clips, Scenes, Session View and Arrangement View and how you can put them all to work in your productions! From there you build your first Live project. The entertaining Mr. B. explains how to create a beat, record a bass, add effects and much, much more.
Next up is a section for DJs where Bill teaches you how to Warp, set up a Cue Mix and prepare a Live DJ set. The final sections of this course contain a collection of tutorials that teach you how to use controllers followed by some tutorials divulging some of his pro production tips and tricks!
So learn the basics of Ableton Live in this introductory course and then move on to master the more advanced techniques in our huge, ever-expanding library Ableton courseware library!
Most of all: Have fun making music!
- Live 9 100: What's New In Live 9
- Live 9 101: Beginner's Guide
- Live 9 102: Recording Audio and Audio Effects
- Live 9 103: MIDI Recording and Effects
- Live 9 104: Exploring The Instruments
- Live 9 105: Arranging Explored
- Live 9 106: Go Live With Live 9
- Live 9 201: The Simpler Sampler
- Live 9 202: Live's Effects: Plugged In!
- Live 9 203: Live's Sampler: Explored
- Live 9 204: Exploring Drum Racks
- Live 9 205: Live DNA!
- Live 9 206: Max For Live FX Explored
- Live 9 207: Hooked on Racks!
- Live 9 301: MOLDOVER: Sound Control
- Live 9 302: Designing Sounds for Dance Music
- Live 9 303: Ableton Live TNT - Tips and Tricks
- Live 9 304: Making Electronic Dance Music
- Live 9 305: Dance Music Styles Demystified
- Live 9 400: Max For Live: For Musicians
- Live 9 401: Mixing & Mastering Toolbox
- Live 9 402: Killer Sound Design
- Live 9 403: Max For Live Advanced
- Live 9 404: Producing Techno and House
- Live 9 405: DJing Techno and House
- Live 9 406: Dubstep Production
- Live 9 407: Remixing in Live
- Live 9 408: Producing Glitch
- Live 9 409: Remixing Froya
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
It's a great tutorial, very useful. Everything is explained in a simple way. The level of detail of the explanation and the graphic orientation makes it easy to understand!
Bill you are a funny man!!!! Really enjoyed this coarse.BTW have you ever thought of doing stand up?
Wrapping my head around Ableton has been tough. This was a great course. Very well done and actually enjoyable. It's not often you laugh out loud during a tutorial video. A+
This is a great way to begin your Ableton journey. Just sit back, relax and watch Bill go....
Very good introduction for beginners. Bill covers all you need to know for a great start, and a little bit more. Totally worth watching, even for producers that already have a great knowledge of Ableton. 5/5!
So I'm 64, a programmer since the early '80s and almost a year-old Ableton user. I'm too smart to take Bill Burgess's intro to Live 9. Not! He is so low-key, but understands things so well that I'm inspired on every lesson. He's a wonderful teacher!
Very simple to get started. Ableton is very different to the other DAWs and this course gets you into it and started straight away. A+
What a great start. I'm so happy with my choice to ditch the $10,000.00 for production classes, and I was convinced I made the proper decision right from the start of Bill's first lesson. How, why and humor in-between. I've completed the entire class outline, on to 201 and I should have the rest complete in about 6 months (So much content, it's great)!
Great watch! From n00b to pro, everyone can learn something new.
Thanks for these easy to understand videos...Definitely will be back for more soon. On my way to being a true pro!
Good introductory course for those new to Live - covers all aspects to become familiar with the workings of Live.
This paticular Video did go to fast in its explanation of things but i was still able to get a lot of useful information out of it. Mainly I began to realize the importance of the Loop Brace Bar.
l really learned a lot from this course. All of the lessons are organized in an uncomplicated way. Very easy to understand.
For this Course i give 5 Stars!!!! For the beginner very Helpfully!! Thank you macprovideo
brilliant, bill. love all your vids...your teaching style shows how much you love what you're doing!
Great courses. The way you walk us through is simple yet effective.